Polyethylene tape anti corrosion
a) Laminated polyethylene (low-density), backed self-adhesive, rubberized, bitumastic compound tape.
1) Polyethylene inner wrap tape anti corrosion:
Thickness should be minimum 0.305 mm (0.012"), with self-adhesive compound thickness 0.203 mm (0.008") minimum. Interleaf in rolls supplied shall be double sided release coated paper or polymer preferably with extra width for roll protection.
Characteristics of tape:
- Elongation : 250%
- Tensile strength : 7 N/mm
- Tear resistance : 8 kg/cm
- Dielectric strength : 40 Kvolt/mm
- Insulation strength : 1 x 106 Ohm/mm
- Impact resistance : 5 Joules
- Adhesion to steel (With primer) : 2.6 N/mm
- Adhesion to self : 0.5 N/mm
- Temperature range : -5~ C to 90~ C
2) Polyethylene outer wrap tape mechanical protection :
Thickness should be minimum 0.229 mm (0.009") with 0.102 mm (0.004") self-adhesive compound. Polyethylene to be White or Silver-Grey light reflecting. Final thickness should be defined as per vendor data.
Characteristics of tape:
- Elongation : Min 200%
- Dielectric strength : Min. 10 KVolt
- Insulation resistance : 1x1012 Ohm/in
b) Bitumen solution type primer, fast drying (3 to 10 minutes).
c) Molding Putty
A compatible molding putty to the supplied tape shall be provided for applying around fittings and
flanges, etc., supplied in packs as per manufacturers standard.
The polyethylene tape anti corrosion is extensively used in the pipework of oil and natural gas transportation, petrochemical industry, electric power, metallurgy, urban natural gas network of pipes, the outside anticorrosion project of the metal pipes involved as well as the outside anticorrosion project of the underground and overhead metallic conduit of the works of petrochemical industry, natural gas and coal transportation.
1. Remove all contaminants such as dirt, oil, scale and excessive moisture.
2. Brush XUNDA Primerevenly over surface to displace remaining moisture and ensure proper adhesion.
3. Press xunda Mastic into surface irregularities to eliminate air pockets.
4. Wrap XUNDA Inner Tape spirally around prepared surface using even tension. An overlap of 55% is recommended to assure total protection.
5. Finish with XUNDA Outer tape applied like XUNDA Inner Tape to prevent mechanical damage as required.
Can be applied on wire-brushed surfaces
Repels water, salt, alkalis and acids
Protects new or corroded surfaces
Temperature variances -40°C to +84°C
Will not crack, peel or harden
Non-toxic and environmentally friendly (Meets AWWA C217 Standard)
|Related Products :|